Terms and Conditions
Collection of Personal Information and Information You Provide
Personal information that you provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Contact data, such as personal or business contact details like your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Registration data, such as information provided for account registration or event sign-ups, including birthdate, event details, and more.
- Data about others for whom you purchase items or gifts, including names, delivery addresses, and phone numbers (with proper permission).
- Profile data, such as usernames, passwords, interests, and preferences for online accounts.
- Communications, including information provided when contacting us, feedback, survey responses, etc.
- Marketing data, such as email addresses and contact details for sending communications about our activities, events, and contests.
- Purchase data, including order history and details needed for processing orders.
- We may also collect data from other sources, such as business partners, data providers, and public sources.
Information from Third Party Platforms
If you opt to log in to the Sites using a third-party platform like Google or Facebook, or if you link your account on a third-party platform or network to your account on our sites, we might gather information from that platform or network. Additionally, you may have the chance to detail us through the third-party platform or network, such as a roster of your friends or connections, along with your email address. For further insights into your privacy options, please refer to the “Your Choices” section.
Both we and our service providers may automatically record information related to you, your computer or mobile device, as well as your interactions on or through our Sites, including:
- Device specifics, encompassing your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer, model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you accessed prior to visiting our site, and broad geographical details like city, state, or general area.
- Online activity particulars, comprising the pages or screens you perused, the time you allocated to a page or screen, paths taken between various pages or screens, insights regarding your actions on a page or screen, times of access, and the duration of each session.
As a user of our service, you may have the chance to refer friends or acquaintances to us. If you are an existing user, please ensure you have obtained the necessary permission to share their contact details with us before submitting a referral. This enables us to reach out to them appropriately.
How We Use Your Information
Your personal information may be utilized to:
- Provide, manage, and enhance the Service, enabling you to make battery and accessory purchases listed on the Sites.
- Establish and maintain your account within the Service.
- Facilitate effective communication about the Service, including sending you notifications, updates, security advisories, and support and administrative messages.
- Deliver customer support and maintenance services for our products and offerings.
- Streamline your login process on the Sites using third-party platforms such as Google and Facebook.
- Activate security features on the Sites, which could include transmitting security codes via email or SMS, and recognizing devices you’ve previously used to log in.
We might utilize your personal information to deliver marketing communications related to BatteryEVO in accordance with legal permissions. You will retain the option to unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications, as outlined in the “Your Choices” section below.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
We use your personal information as we deem necessary or appropriate to adhere to applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities. For the purpose of compliance, fraud prevention, and safety, we may utilize your personal information and share it with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties when necessary or appropriate to:
- Safeguard our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including pursuing and defending legal claims).
- Conduct audits of our internal processes to ensure compliance with legal and contractual obligations.
- Enforce the terms and conditions governing the Service.
- Safeguard, investigate, and prevent fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activities, including cyber attacks and identity threats.
- With your consent. In some instances, we may explicitly request your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How we Share Your Information
Companies and individuals who offer services on our behalf or assist us in operating the Service or our business. This includes services such as order fulfillment, shipping, payment processing, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management, returns processing, and risk and fraud prevention.
Third-party advertising companies that gather information about your activities on our site and other online services to help us promote our services. They may also use hashed customer lists shared with them to deliver ads to you and similar users on their platforms.
Third Party Platforms
Social media and other third-party platforms you connect to the Service. Please note that we do not govern the use of your personal information by these third parties.
Other service users and the general public when you disclose personal information for public use. For instance, if you review a product you purchased, your name may be displayed alongside the content you submit. It’s important to note that we don’t control how other users or third parties use any personal information you make available to them. Be aware that any publicly posted information may be cached, copied, screen captured, or stored elsewhere by others (such as search engines) before you have the opportunity to edit or delete it.
Legal, financial, auditing, and insurance professionals who provide necessary services to us.
Authorities and Others
Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties when we believe in good faith that such sharing is necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or to achieve compliance, fraud prevention, and safety goals.
In connection with a merger, financing, acquisition, dissolution, sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of part or all of our business or assets, or in case of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, we may sell, transfer, or share some or all of your personal information.
This section outlines the rights and choices available to all users:
Access or Update Account Information
If you have registered an account with us, you can review and update specific personal information in your account profile by logging into your account.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications
You can choose to stop receiving marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and non-marketing emails related to our services. To stop receiving marketing text messages, reply “STOP” to our marketing message.
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers may send “Do Not Track” signals to online services. Currently, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track,” visit https://allaboutdnt.com.
Privacy Settings and Location Data
Users of our App can disable precise geolocation access in their mobile device settings. Choosing not to share your personal information: Refraining from providing information necessary for the Service may result in the inability to access the Service or specific features. When we require specific information to provide the Service, we will inform you of the necessary details.
Third-Party Platforms or Social Media Networks
When you connect the Service with a third-party platform, you may be able to limit the information we collect from that third-party at the time of login or connection. You may also control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service after connecting your accounts.
The security of your personal information is of utmost importance to us. We have implemented various organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect. However, it’s important to note that security risks are inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Have questions about our policy or privacy practices?
Please direct any questions or comments about this policy or our privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BatteryEVO’s Cookie Usage Guidelines
What are Cookies?
Cookies are compact data files that are deposited on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve various functions, such as aiding our comprehension of how a site is used, facilitating seamless navigation between pages, remembering your preferences, and generally enhancing your browsing experience. Our sites may employ both session cookies (which expire after you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which persist on your computer or mobile device until you delete them). We utilize two primary categories of cookies:
- First-party cookies, directly served by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device upon its subsequent visits to our Sites.
- Third-party cookies, served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, which these entities can use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it accesses other websites. Third-party cookies can fulfill various functions, including site analytics, advertising, and social media features.
Similar to many other online businesses, we utilize services provided by Google, Facebook, and other entities employing tracking technology. Your choices regarding opting out of these companies’ utilization of your personal data for interest-based advertising include:
- Blocking cookies in your browser: Many web browsers enable you to remove or reject cookies, including those used for interest-based advertising. To do so, refer to your browser settings. Most browsers initially accept cookies by default until you modify your settings. For comprehensive details about cookies, including instructions on viewing the cookies stored on your device and managing or deleting them, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Disabling advertising ID usage on your mobile device: Your mobile device settings may include features that restrict the use of the advertising ID linked to your mobile device for purposes of interest-based advertising.
- Utilizing privacy plug-ins or tools: You can prevent our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser equipped with privacy features, such as Brave, or by installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third-party cookies and trackers.
- Platform opt-outs: Certain advertising partners offer opt-out options that allow you to decline the use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
Information about the cookies we employ may be periodically updated, so we recommend checking back regularly for any modifications.
If you have any inquiries regarding our policies, please contact us at email@example.com or call (818) 337-0929.